Thursday, June 9, 2011

Heroic Charity deserves Italian pizza

While surfing weather.com seeing when the heat wave would break (it finally has in Illinois), I came across a beautiful example of heroic charity. Watch the video at the link below. This is the kind of news story that deserves national attention!

Fire evacuation ‘angels’ save the day

* * *

Dinner being my charge this evening, I decided to be a little explorative. Off to foodnetwork.com, Paula Deen did not let me down. I found a video and written recipe for Grilled Veggie Pizza, which bears a striking resemblance to the pizza I would pick up near the Spanish Steps in Rome and either bring it back to Bernardi Campus or enjoy with friends on the steps like Audrey Hepburn and Carey Grant and their gelato. My sisters, Madalyn and Catherine were a great help particularly because there were so many things to do! Olive oil coated crust; eggplant, arugula, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, capers, garlic, & black olives (or whatever you please!); grilled over a charcoal fire. It certainly was a learning experience working out the bugs in our system but overall, it certainly made for a delightful dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment