Saturday, June 5, 2010

Each Chapter Affects Another


Suddenly, I find myself stateside.

My four months in Rome have drawn to a close. They were the fastest four months of my life. I am continually praising God for each blessing and grace I received while abroad and I look forward to how God plans to use these graces.

Thank you for reading my writings over the course of the semester. I didn't have time to fit all I wanted to say, and I probably never will, but I intend to continue posting throughout the summer not only recollections from Rome but whatever tickles my fancy while the summer rolls along.

The end was very bittersweet. I knew it was time to come home but the whole experience was something very special...nothing like it will happen again, even at Bernardi. Thank you to the chaplaincy; my teachers, mentors, and professors; the students of Bernardi and the Angelicum and all my new and old friends; and anyone who worked and contributed to the semester from the States or Italy. In one of my graces of the semester, I saw how everything we learned fit together; from art to social justice, theology to everyday concerns, everything fits together through the Catholic Church. I couldn't study one subject without referencing another. This grace also extended to my own life as I piece together my goals for sacred music within the Church and how God is calling me to serve Him. As one chapter comes to a close the rollercoaster peaks at another apex ready to turn and fly careening down another mountain. Let's go, Lord. What do you have in store this time?

1 comment:

  1. Kellen,

    Thank you so much for posting such an insightful blog over the semester! I really enjoyed getting to know you and share so many experiences with you!

    I miss you so much!!! I'm praying for you and all the other Bernardians constantly, and I hope that I will see you again sometime in the near future!

    See you in the Eucharist,
    Kristin

    PS--are you still going to Ohio this summer?? Let me know!!

    ReplyDelete