Monday, January 11, 2010

The Reform of the Reform and other stories

NEWSREEL

The Reform of the Reform begins at the Vatican
Msgr. Guido Marini, chief liturgist to the Holy Father, endorses the "reform of the reform" of the liturgy according to an article by Catholic News Service. In trying to unify the plethora of liturgical opinions and consequently controversies that have plagued a Church working to correctly interpret the Second Vatican Council, the Holy Father stresses continuity between the past and the present. He also calls for adoration as the central focus in music, vessels, etc. The Holy Father has made it the norm in papal liturgies for those receiving from the Holy Father to receive kneeling on the tongue, promoting this sense of adoration.
Source: Catholic News Service article by Father Matthew Gamber

JPII Gunman to be Released
Mahmet Ali Agca, the gunman who attempted to kill Pope John Paul II in 1981, will be released from prison 18 January after serving time in Turkey for a murder two years previous to the Holy Father's near-assassination. He is reported to be seeking a movie and two book deals upon his release.
Source: Fox News

40 entries complete
When I began to blog again, I promised myself 40 entries. The article of 8 January 2010 marked the 40th entry. The objectives I stated at the beginning have been modified and changed but one thing remains consistent. All is for the glorification of God! It is perhaps needless to say, but I will continue to write. I look forward to writing about all I learn and discover as I pursue Jesus Christ in Rome, so near to the Heart of the Catholic Church. Thank you for reading. I will be praying for you. We are United in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment