Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Marking Time

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind of marking time. Mom is starting a new job. Patrick is off to college as a Freshman. Today, I returned to the University of Saint Thomas for my junior year of college. Things are coming around to me for the second time: campus ministry retreat, familiar faces, greeting a new class of Freshman, catching up with friends I haven't seen all summer.

And time is marked as new experiences show themselves. I will no longer be taking theory. The campus landscape changes by the day. I am taking on new responsibilities and I do not look at things the same way I did one or two years ago. (Hopefully I am more Eucharistic centred.) One of the biggest changes is living in the Catholic Studies Men's House. I moved in today to a house owned by UST where I will live with four other men coupled with another house of four in the Fraternity of Saint Michael. Suddenly I am back at school but in a way I have never been before. Life seems to take form. God has his hand in everything and I am giving it all to Him. May I be able to take life moment by moment; may I always find God in everything.

We never know what direction our lives will take us. We never know when things may begin. We never know when things may end. In all things may God be glorified. As our faiths deepen, we can be more sure that we are right where God wants us even in our biggest struggles.

I'm told Sister Briege McKenna has said:

"Give it all to Jesus. He'll take care of everything!"

We are United in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment