Monday, December 22, 2008

Prologue

"Joy is prayer. Joy is strength. Joy is love. Joy is a net of love by which you can catch many souls. God loves a cheerful giver. He gives most, who gives with joy. If in the work you have difficulties and you accept them with joy, with a big smile, in this like in any other things others will see your good work and glorify the Father. The best way to show your gratitude to God and people is to accept everything with joy. A joyful heart is the normal result of a heart burning with love." -Mother Teresa

I begin to write again at the beckoning of Jesus.
I write to be a witness to Him.
I write to focus myself upon Him at all times.
I write to serve others in Him.
I dedicate my writings to Him, present in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar!

For a very long time I kept an online journal. In the hectic schedule of school I was unable to keep it up. While I was away, the journal disappeared from the internet. I return to writing as a resource for my own meditation as well as service to those who will read it.

For those of you who knew my previous writings, I am changing a few things. Each entry will be well thought out and taken to prayer. (All my entries will also be saved on my computer so I do not lose everything again!) Because I am using this as a spiritual exercise, because my writings come in waves, and because I will have time over the next month to write, I am only planning on a certain number of entries. At the end of the cycle, I will reevaluate and either begin a new cycle or take a hiatus. This cycle will last for forty entries. My old tag line used to be "Writings of a Catholic Teenager". As of December 28, 2008, I will turn twenty so that will no longer apply. Let us change "Teenager" to "College Student". This journal will also have a patron saint, one of my strongest intercessors, whose quote began these writings.

Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, PRAY FOR US!

We are United in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment